The Titans’ offense has been a disaster this season. Against the Jaguars, though, they found a solution to this problem: don’t play offense.
2. With 2:00 left in the first half, trailing by 7, Zach Brown picked off a Chad Henne pass and took it 79 yards for a touchdown.
3. Only a minute and 12 seconds later, the Titans forced the Jaguars to go three-and-out. Darius Reynaud returned the punt 69 yards for another score.
4. Halftime was of no help to Jacksonville. After receiving the opening kickoff, the Jags again went three-and-out, and again Reynaud took the punt all the way, this time traveling 81 yards.
5. Reynaud’s one of the best players on the feckless Titans; plays like this are a pretty good example of why.
6. Finally, two plays later, Chad Henne was intercepted by Zach Brown AGAIN. Brown only had to go 30 yards for the points this time.
7. Here’s video of the four touchdowns.
8. In sum: 28 unanswered points in about five minutes of game time by two players on zero offensive plays. Not a bad way to end the season, Tennessee.
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration. Cars and storefronts have been vandalized, over 90 arrested.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.