1. First! The United States scored early on a goal by Carli Lloyd, off a lovely assist from Alex Morgan.
2. Then Hope Solo made one of her many incredible saves.
3. The U.S. got away with what should’ve been a penalty kick…
4. And Abby Wambach kicked a Japanese player in the face. (Accidentally, I think.)
6. Early in the second half, Carli Lloyd scored her second goal, and it’s so pretty I had to post the whole video.
7. But it didn’t take long for Japan to retaliate, and from here on out they pressed the U.S. hard.
8. It looked almost certain that Japan would tie the game up after stealing the ball near the U.S. goal, but… HOPE SOLO.
9. And when the U.S. escaped with the win, Pia Sundhage was understandably excited.
10. Here are the two teams just after the end of the game.
11. Megan Rapinoe, clad in the American flag, showed her thanks.
12. And the women accepted their gold medals.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning, even though most show he's behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏