Here’s your reminder that even giant human beings like to look fly. The NBA playoffs, especially postgame press conferences, have in recent years become the fiercest fashion staging ground this side of Vogue, and I’ve ranked 16 of this year’s most prominent moments so far from worst to best. Unfortunate spoiler alert: none of them involve Zubaz.
15. James Harden. Wrinkled denim shirt: check.
Mismatched vest: check. Insane death-glare: check. That’s right: the Rockets guard is Steven Segal.
14. If Pacer center Roy Hibbert had actually worn this monocle during his press conference…
NBA fashion game - Pacers Roy Hibbert and the monocle he brought to the podium. #UppingTheAnte @Hoya2aPacer
…it would’ve been the coolest thing since Jack Kennedy last stood on a boat. But he DIDN’T. Shame on you, Roy.
3. James Harden with micro-floral prints for the discerning beard-grower.
Artisanal shirting, y’heard? Harden’s got a nice place up in the hills, little cottage by a stream. He’s gonna go up there, do some gardening, maybe try this Thai cookbook he bought at the used bookstore.
All in all, a solid playoffs so far, with most of the missteps at least borne out of ambition. The best part is that we’re only in Round 2. To be continued…
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.