Here’s your reminder that even giant human beings like to look fly. The NBA playoffs, especially postgame press conferences, have in recent years become the fiercest fashion staging ground this side of Vogue, and I’ve ranked 16 of this year’s most prominent moments so far from worst to best. Unfortunate spoiler alert: none of them involve Zubaz.
15. James Harden. Wrinkled denim shirt: check.
Mismatched vest: check. Insane death-glare: check. That’s right: the Rockets guard is Steven Segal.
14. If Pacer center Roy Hibbert had actually worn this monocle during his press conference…
NBA fashion game - Pacers Roy Hibbert and the monocle he brought to the podium. #UppingTheAnte @Hoya2aPacer
…it would’ve been the coolest thing since Jack Kennedy last stood on a boat. But he DIDN’T. Shame on you, Roy.
3. James Harden with micro-floral prints for the discerning beard-grower.
Artisanal shirting, y’heard? Harden’s got a nice place up in the hills, little cottage by a stream. He’s gonna go up there, do some gardening, maybe try this Thai cookbook he bought at the used bookstore.
All in all, a solid playoffs so far, with most of the missteps at least borne out of ambition. The best part is that we’re only in Round 2. To be continued…
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- Donald Trump's personal $1 million check to a charity was dated the same day he was interviewed by a reporter looking into the funds.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.