1. One on, two out, bottom of the 12th inning is a pre-tty important moment in a baseball game. And when the Giants’ Juan Perez got up and took a piece out of Padre Nick Vincent’s pitch, he thought he might have broken things open.
2. But: but. Will Venable had a different idea. His backward-running, over-the-shoulder dive-and-grab is about as magician-like a catch as a baseball player can make while still obeying the dictates of his human body.
3. They say, “Act like you’ve been there before.” Venable acts like he’s there every day.
4. Does he look impressed with himself? No. Which makes it all the more impressive.
5. Dude’s got a hovercraft underneath his body. He’s being suspended by invisible ropes. He’s flying first-class on the red eye to VICTORY.
6. Coming into home, Brandon Belt’s reaction says it all. “We’re going to win! We’re going to win! We’re — oh, dang.”
And the Padres won in the 13th. Oh dang indeed.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is triggering Brexit today. Britain is set to leave the European Union in 2019 👋 🇬🇧
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.