1. In the fourth quarter of the Redskins’ loss to the Steelers, DeAngelo Hall had some choice words — and gestures — for a referee.
What puts this little fit over the top is the pointing. You do not put a finger in the face of a referee. You might as well slap him in the face, or headbutt him in the chest. (Maybe not quite headbutting him in the chest.) I mean, Hall should know that pointing is rude no matter what. It’s hard to tell exactly what he’s saying here, but I would hazard a guess that it involves the a word that begins with the letter f and ends with the letter k and also contains the letters u and c and sounds really good when you say it loudly in the face of a referee.
3. Here’s a longer version of the temper tantrum.
- Italy is today observing a national day of mourning for the victims of Wednesday's earthquake. The death toll has climbed to 284.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.