1. In the fourth quarter of the Redskins’ loss to the Steelers, DeAngelo Hall had some choice words — and gestures — for a referee.
What puts this little fit over the top is the pointing. You do not put a finger in the face of a referee. You might as well slap him in the face, or headbutt him in the chest. (Maybe not quite headbutting him in the chest.) I mean, Hall should know that pointing is rude no matter what. It’s hard to tell exactly what he’s saying here, but I would hazard a guess that it involves the a word that begins with the letter f and ends with the letter k and also contains the letters u and c and sounds really good when you say it loudly in the face of a referee.
3. Here’s a longer version of the temper tantrum.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪