1. EXHIBIT A: Russia drains a game-winning off-balance three-pointer against Brazil
Important because, by beating Brazil, Russia decreased its chances of facing the juggernaut that is the U.S. men’s basketball team in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
2. EXHIBIT B: Britain drains a three and then lets Spain dribble out the clock
This ending was a bit weirder. After Luol Deng cut the lead down to one point, about seven seconds remained on the clock. Instead of putting Spain on the line and giving themselves a chance to win or tie, though, Great Britain let Jose Calderon dribble out the remainder of the clock, effectively conceding the game. For no reason. At all. What could’ve been a huge, defining moment for the British Olympic effort turned into a peculiar and inexplicable footnote.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.