The Lexington Legends are the Kansas City Royals’ Class A affiliate. But the Royals affiliation is only a little over a month old, so the team wanted to make a big splash in celebration. They decided to do that with a good old-fashioned identity overhaul.
3. And Big L does typical mascot things.
As part of a two-day fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America, the mustachioed mascot rappelled down the 410-foot Lexington Financial Center while wearing the Legends’ new uniforms.
This act inspired a tremendous quote from the Legends’ graphic designer, Ty Cobb (seriously — he’s named Ty Cobb.): “Big L’s like Superman.”
A disembodied mustache, based on Big L’s. A mustache. Just a mustache. The Legends will wear this hat during away games. They will never lose, because the other team will be laughing too hard to play properly.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a Legends fan now.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌