The Lexington Legends are the Kansas City Royals’ Class A affiliate. But the Royals affiliation is only a little over a month old, so the team wanted to make a big splash in celebration. They decided to do that with a good old-fashioned identity overhaul.
3. And Big L does typical mascot things.
As part of a two-day fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America, the mustachioed mascot rappelled down the 410-foot Lexington Financial Center while wearing the Legends’ new uniforms.
This act inspired a tremendous quote from the Legends’ graphic designer, Ty Cobb (seriously — he’s named Ty Cobb.): “Big L’s like Superman.”
A disembodied mustache, based on Big L’s. A mustache. Just a mustache. The Legends will wear this hat during away games. They will never lose, because the other team will be laughing too hard to play properly.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a Legends fan now.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚