The Lexington Legends are the Kansas City Royals’ Class A affiliate. But the Royals affiliation is only a little over a month old, so the team wanted to make a big splash in celebration. They decided to do that with a good old-fashioned identity overhaul.
3. And Big L does typical mascot things.
As part of a two-day fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America, the mustachioed mascot rappelled down the 410-foot Lexington Financial Center while wearing the Legends’ new uniforms.
This act inspired a tremendous quote from the Legends’ graphic designer, Ty Cobb (seriously — he’s named Ty Cobb.): “Big L’s like Superman.”
A disembodied mustache, based on Big L’s. A mustache. Just a mustache. The Legends will wear this hat during away games. They will never lose, because the other team will be laughing too hard to play properly.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a Legends fan now.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩