The Lexington Legends are the Kansas City Royals’ Class A affiliate. But the Royals affiliation is only a little over a month old, so the team wanted to make a big splash in celebration. They decided to do that with a good old-fashioned identity overhaul.
3. And Big L does typical mascot things.
As part of a two-day fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America, the mustachioed mascot rappelled down the 410-foot Lexington Financial Center while wearing the Legends’ new uniforms.
This act inspired a tremendous quote from the Legends’ graphic designer, Ty Cobb (seriously — he’s named Ty Cobb.): “Big L’s like Superman.”
A disembodied mustache, based on Big L’s. A mustache. Just a mustache. The Legends will wear this hat during away games. They will never lose, because the other team will be laughing too hard to play properly.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a Legends fan now.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.