The Lexington Legends are the Kansas City Royals’ Class A affiliate. But the Royals affiliation is only a little over a month old, so the team wanted to make a big splash in celebration. They decided to do that with a good old-fashioned identity overhaul.
3. And Big L does typical mascot things.
As part of a two-day fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America, the mustachioed mascot rappelled down the 410-foot Lexington Financial Center while wearing the Legends’ new uniforms.
This act inspired a tremendous quote from the Legends’ graphic designer, Ty Cobb (seriously — he’s named Ty Cobb.): “Big L’s like Superman.”
A disembodied mustache, based on Big L’s. A mustache. Just a mustache. The Legends will wear this hat during away games. They will never lose, because the other team will be laughing too hard to play properly.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a Legends fan now.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100 million every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭