1. Early in the first quarter of the NFC Championship game, Falcons cornerback Thomas DeCoud made a very nice play to break up a Colin Kaepernick pass.
2. But far more impressive than the pass defense was what came after: Thomas DeCoud broke out the Crotch Chop.
3. The Crotch Chop, as I’m sure you know, was popularized by Triple H and Shawn Michaels’ Degeneration-X group back in the late-1990s Attitude Era of the WWF.
The group’s slogan was, “Let’s Get Ready to suck it,” which is very subtle and nuanced.
4. Here’s video of the play and the Crotch Chop.
5. It’s good to see that our football players know their cultural history. Remember the ’90s, folks.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.