1. Early in the first quarter of the NFC Championship game, Falcons cornerback Thomas DeCoud made a very nice play to break up a Colin Kaepernick pass.
2. But far more impressive than the pass defense was what came after: Thomas DeCoud broke out the Crotch Chop.
3. The Crotch Chop, as I’m sure you know, was popularized by Triple H and Shawn Michaels’ Degeneration-X group back in the late-1990s Attitude Era of the WWF.
The group’s slogan was, “Let’s Get Ready to suck it,” which is very subtle and nuanced.
4. Here’s video of the play and the Crotch Chop.
5. It’s good to see that our football players know their cultural history. Remember the ’90s, folks.
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀