1. Last June, Martin Tremblay, a 48-year-old minor-league hockey coach in Canada, tripped a 13-year-old opposing player, who broke his wrist falling on his 10-year-old teammate.
Yes, this actually happened.
2. After tripping him, the coach pointed at the kid like a professional wrestler.
3. Now the coach is going to jail for 15 days, and spending 12 months on probation.
Also, tripping the kid apparently broke up the coach’s marriage and hurt his construction business, and the tripping incident took place while he was off antidepressants, according to his lawyer.
4. Moral of the story: don’t trip kids.
H/T to Barry Petchesky at Deadspin
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞