1. “American Idol” and “Survivor” both debuted.
2. LeBron James won the Division III Ohio state title as a sophomore at St. Vincent — St. Mary High School in Akron.
3. George W. Bush was elected President twice.
5. The Knicks have had eight coaches and only one All-NBA player.
9. Kobe Bryant scored 29,915 points.
10. Tom Cruise broke up with Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz and then married Katie Holmes.
12. The first iPod was released.
15. Facebook picked up 900 million users. Mark Zuckerberg graduated from high school.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎