2. And even the trailer has us excited:
4. The film is called Mudbloods, which is originally a derogatory term in the Harry Potter series.
“Over the course of shooting our film, we discovered that UCLA team captain Tom Marks was jokingly called a Mudblood by his brother because he started the non-magical sport of Quidditch at his school,” Farzad Sangari (director) and Eric F. Martin (writer and producer) told BuzzFeed. “However, rather than shy away from the original meaning of the word, Mudbloods came to represent real-life Quidditch players in a unique and appropriate way.”
“The reappropriation of this word distinguishes a group of fearless, resilient individuals with the audacity and imagination necessary to take a fictional game from a book series and make it real,” they continued.
6. Learn more about the Mudbloods movie on their website.
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨