1. This is Barbara and Bob Pettis, two Oklahoma residents, on their wedding day in September 1951.
“They weren’t all ‘smoochy-woochy, touchy-wouchy,’ but in their voices and the way they looked at each other, you could see their love,” one of the couples’ sons, Clay Pettis, told NewsOK.com. “Just in the little things.”
2. After 63 years of marriage, Barbara died on June 30. Bob, who was also in the hospital with pneumonia, died just eight hours later on the same day.
“I don’t believe in coincidences, and I didn’t sit down and tell Dad that Mama was gone. But I’m sure he knew. Just knowing them, you wouldn’t be surprised that Dad decided to check out, too,” Pettis continued.
3. “They lived just ordinary lives, but you get closer and start looking, and you realize that what you thought was ordinary was very extraordinary.”
4. Read more about Barbara and Bob Pettis and their love story at NewsOK.com.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.
- Donald Trump said in an interview he thought being president would be easier than his life as a businessman.