1. In 1924, James McCrory immigrated to the United States from Ireland.
My great-grandpa was 24-years-old when he left Belfast for a town called Port Chester, New York, where he got married and raised nine kids.
2. When his son (my grandpa) was elected mayor of Port Chester in 1978, he wrote him a poem pondering the meaning of life.
3. This is a handwritten copy of the untitled poem:
4. And here’s a transcription of the poem:
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.