1. Marvel’s highly anticipated Fantastic Four stars Kate Mara as Sue Storm and Michael B. Jordan as her fictional brother, Johnny Storm.
2. They’ve been doing interviews and press to promote the film, and yesterday the cast had an uncomfortable encounter with the Rock 100.5 Morning Show in Atlanta.
16. The interviewer and host also tweeted that they thought it was “awkward.”
18. Rock 100.5 Morning host Jason Bailey defended Southside Steve’s line of questioning in an email to BuzzFeed.
When asked if the questions were intended to be incendiary, Bailey wrote:
“Absolutely not! That’s not mine or the show’s thing. Look, not a huge fan of these controlled 5-7 minute interview junkets they run in the first place but I was curious about the brother and sister thing. You have a white sister and black brother wouldn’t you want to know how that happened? I did. The other Fantastic Four franchises explain the relationship so I figured with this new hipster version they’d have some different backstory.
“My partner’s (Southside Steve) conversation about Kate’s hair is something that came up while Michael B Jordan took a phone call so I think they were kind of just going back forth in a playful way. As for him complimenting her toes and why people are upset about that…sorry…no idea. Steve likes girl’s toes. People should be appreciative when they get complimented. Those that are upset on Twitter I guess don’t get enough of them. Who knows?”
BuzzFeed has reached out to representatives for Mara and Jordan.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are nowhere close to finding a cause.