2. But now the 34-year-old is an unapologetic body image activist who posed naked for this beautiful photo in downtown Brooklyn.
Jolly wanted to emulate this photo of Madonna because as a 7-year-old, “Madonna set the precedent for what [her] then-practicing Mormon, now femme, queer, body liberator self could one day become.”
She also chose the Brooklyn location because she sees weathered metal and concrete as beautiful. “It’s a metaphor for the working class girl in me as well as the parts of me that have been deemed as ugly, when in fact they play a major role in making me gorgeous,” Jolly told BuzzFeed.
6. “I believe we are all deserving of love and experiencing the various expressions of love which includes desirability and the celebration of our bodies,” she told BuzzFeed.
“I spent most of my life believing desirability was not an option for me because I am a large bodied, feminine presenting, queer woman.”
h/t HuffPost Women
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal probes into its handling of sexual assault cases.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.