1. It’s been 10 years since Laguna Beach first aired on MTV.
3. She talks about the importance of sunscreen and skin care.
“When I was a teenager, tanning was the mode du jour and I was all about getting that sun-kissed (or tanning bed orange…) glow,” Conrad wrote. “Nowadays, I’ve learned to embrace my natural skin tone in the hopes that it will mean less wrinkles and a lower risk of skin cancer as I get older. I never leave home without my SPF.”
4. And tells herself to enjoy her youth.
“When I was 18, I was in a hurry to grow up. Instead, I wish I would have taken a beat to just enjoy being young,” Conrad wrote. “So many things are new when you’re that age and the level of responsibility is still low. It’s important to enjoy that phase just like any other.”
5. Most importantly, Lauren encourages her teenage self to be an individual.
The reality star wrote, “For so long you’ve gone to school with the same people, and everything you’ve done is with the same group of friends in more or less the same environment. Then, for the first time you get to go off on your own and make real, conscious decisions about where you want life to take you. You get to choose your school, your major, and what kind of person you’ll become. So when you’re making these decisions, be an individual. It’s the best way to discover who you really are.”
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.