1. "Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you'll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you'll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room."
2. "Believe in the integrity and value of the jagged path. We don't always do the right thing on our way to rightness."
3. "You will learn a lot from yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love."
4. "No is golden. No is the power the good witch wields."
5. "You must love in order to be loved. You must be inclusive in order to feel yourself among the included. You must give in order to receive."
6. "Every last one off us can do better than give up."
7. "Love is our essential nutrient. Without it, life has little meaning. It's the best thing we have to give and the most valuable thing we receive. It's worthy of all the hullabaloo."
8. "I'll never know and neither will you about the life you didn't choose. We'll only know that whatever that sister life was, it was important and beautiful and not ours. It was the ghost ship that didn't carry us. There's nothing to do but salute it from the shore."
9. "Travel by foot. There is so much you can't identify at top speed."
10. "When the path reveals itself, follow it."
11. "Go because you want to go. Because wanting to leave is enough."
12. "Put yourself in the way of beauty."
13. "Bravery is acknowledging your fear and doing it anyway."
14. "Healing is a small and ordinary and very burnt thing. And it's one thing and one thing only: it's doing what you have to do."
15. "We were all sluts in the '90s."
16. "It's folly to measure your success in money or fame. Success is measured only by your ability to say yes to these two questions: Did I do the work I needed to do? Did I give it everything I had?"