2. And it’s written pretty damn beautifully.
3. Here’s the full text:
We spotted each other at WORD. I don’t think you followed me but we ended up in the park afterward. You sat next to me on a bench as the sun was beginning to set. You were reading Willa Cather and I was reading Edward St. Aubyn.
Our knees touched once and then 5 minutes later touched again and quietly stayed that way. It was the most romantic thing I’d ever felt. I knew we were both too shy to ever say anything to one another and I regret it badly now. I kept straining my eyes to the right side of my head to see if you were doing the same to the left.
When my friend I was meeting for dinner found me at the bench I died because I knew I couldn’t work myself up to tell you how much I’d love a million more days in the park like that one with you. I came back an hour later but you were gone. Find me. Please.
4. The bookstore has since tweeted out the prolific missed connection:
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝