2. And it’s written pretty damn beautifully.
3. Here’s the full text:
We spotted each other at WORD. I don’t think you followed me but we ended up in the park afterward. You sat next to me on a bench as the sun was beginning to set. You were reading Willa Cather and I was reading Edward St. Aubyn.
Our knees touched once and then 5 minutes later touched again and quietly stayed that way. It was the most romantic thing I’d ever felt. I knew we were both too shy to ever say anything to one another and I regret it badly now. I kept straining my eyes to the right side of my head to see if you were doing the same to the left.
When my friend I was meeting for dinner found me at the bench I died because I knew I couldn’t work myself up to tell you how much I’d love a million more days in the park like that one with you. I came back an hour later but you were gone. Find me. Please.
4. The bookstore has since tweeted out the prolific missed connection:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have now clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘