Filet Mignon Dinner Party
Prime Beef Tenderloin with Herb Compound Butter
Ingredients:Herb Compound Butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 filet steaks of Private Selection Prime Beef Tenderloin
- Ground pepper
- Neutral oil
Herb butter: Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Steak: Season steaks generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat a cast-iron pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add steaks. Sear on each side for 3–4 minutes or until meat is cooked through to desired temperature. (If need be, cover pan for a few minutes to allow meat to cook through to your desired temperature.)
Right before you take the steaks out of the pan, swirl a bit of the herb butter around the steaks.
Remove steaks and let rest for 10 minutes.
Serve steaks with more of the herb butter on top.