Beef Dip Sliders
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 21⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 package Kroger Shaved Steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 11⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups Kroger Brand beef broth
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- Dijon mustard
- 6 Kroger Provolone cheese slices, cut in half
Preheat oven to 350oF.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and taking on a little color, about 7–8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add Kroger Shaved Steak to the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle meat with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce, then toss to coat. Lightly brown the meat all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in the same pan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour. Whisk in Kroger Brand beef broth and 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a light simmer for 2–3 minutes to make an au jus, then remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
Cut slider rolls in half and arrange open-faced on a sheet tray. Swipe Dijon mustard on the bottom half of each roll. Use tongs to dip a bit of shaved steak in the au jus and place it on a roll. Add some peppers and onions on top of the steak. Drape a half moon of Provolone over each slider.
Place tray in oven for 3–4 minutes to melt cheese. Place top buns on each slider and serve with the au jus on the side for dipping.