Last night, we braved the freezing temperatures and a bajillion people piled on top of each other in Times Square for one very important reason: Taylor Swift.
If you are a Swiftie like me, there is probably not a better way to ring in the New Year than watching Taylor Swift shake off 2014 moments before the clock struck midnight.
Here are the thoughts and feelings of seeing that happen IRL.
1. Moments before Taylor was set to perform, we crowded the stage — staring at the magical mic stand like you were waiting for the queen to take her throne.
2. AND THEN IT HAPPENED. The queen took the stage in all her head-to-toe glitter glory.
3. And she was pretty much just as excited to be there as we were.
4. Literally bopping around in anticipation she was like giddy little child, AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE.
Happy Taylor is the best Taylor.
5. And the time had come. She was ready to start. The whole world was still.
6. "Whether this is the city you call home, or you're watching on television, I say to you: welcome to New York."
8. She was like a shining beacon of light, our own little personal Times Square ball right in front of our eyes.
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
10. And then the party *really* got started. It was time to officially shake off 2014.
11. AND SHAKE IT OFF SHE DID.
And we never moved our limbs so hard in our whole lives.
13. And then the sky rained golden confetti.
There was never a more beautiful sight in all of the world.