Some might consider him America's bad boy — but player or not, if you've been around the block a few times you probably learn a thing or two about l-o-v-e. In honor of John Mayer's 37th birthday, we present to you his greatest words of wisdom.
1. When he made you realize that the pain is worth the love:
2. When he knew what it felt like to both want and not want someone at the same time:
3. When he understood that sometimes you'll do anything for love:
4. When he recognized that all you'll ever need is you:
5. When he knew that sometimes all you really need is a little cuddle:
6. When he understood that sometimes we can't help but make bad decisions:
7. When he knew what it was like trying to let someone in:
8. When he explained that actions are greater than words:
It's a verb, people.
9. When he understood that sometimes they're the only thing you can see:
10. When he knew what it was like to constantly have someone else in your head:
11. When he realized that when breaking hearts everyone loses:
12. When he knew that sometimes a rebound is all ya need:
~On to the next~