1. The FDA can't ensure that all cosmetics are safe before you buy them.
2. The phthalates in your perfume and hairspray can cause reproductive problems in men.
Studies have shown that phthalates can cause hormonal problems in both men and women, and are already banned from toys in the U.S., as they can cause asthma in children.
3. Octinoxate in your sunscreen can actually increase the risk of skin cancer.
4. The grainy stuff in your exfoliating scrub is also one of the main ingredients in dynamite.
Along with nitroglycerin, Diatomaceous earth is one of two main ingredients found in dynamite. Its natural abrasiveness makes it really popular in natural care products.
5. Your waterproof mascara works by coating your lashes in plastic.
Which is what makes it so hard to get off at night.