"I was five, and we'd just moved to a new house. My mom had sent me outside to play while she unpacked stuff. The house had recessed can lighting under the eaves on the outside. There was a bird in one of the light fixtures trying to unscrew a bulb. It was using its wings, feet, and body pressure to work the bulb around.
I went inside like five times trying to get my mom to come outside to look, help me scare off the bird, help the bird, or whatever. I was constantly met with the response of, 'birds can't unscrew lightbulbs, go play'. It eventually got the bulb unscrewed, but the bulb flipped upside down and blocked the hole on the light fixture. Unfortunately, Birdy electrocuted itself. I went inside and told my mom, 'Well, it got it out.' Then I went back to play. She laughed it off assuming it was just part of a make-believe story or something.
My dad came home, I pointed it out to him. He got the ladder, fixed the bulb, and removed the body. Both parents were sad they didn't get to see a bird unscrew a lightbulb. It never happened again in the 15 years we lived at that house."