People On Reddit Are Sharing The "Worst" Pet Names They've Ever Heard, But IMO They're Hilarious And Adorable
"Kitty was an iguana."
Pets are important members of our families, but their names tend to be a little more...creative...than those of our human family members.
On Reddit, u/Lia_Julee recently asked, "Vets of Reddit, What was the worst pet name you have ever encountered in your job?"
Lots of animal lovers — not just vets — chimed in.
Here are some of the best responses.
1. "Sexy — for a chihuahua. It just made the whole consultation very awkward."
2. "I just spayed a kitten named Mice T!"
3. "My old neighbor had a cat named 'Face' because it had a beautiful face, she said."
4. "One of my boys wanted to name one of our dogs Meat Stack."
5. "We were at a local farm with a petting zoo, and their pigs were named Piggy Azalea and Piggie Smalls."
6. "When I adopted my two cats from the shelter, the staff had named them after internet browsers and search engines."
7. "My grandmother's jet black and incredibly angry cat was called Rainbow."
8. "I knew someone who had a cat named Seefa, which sounded fine to a child's ears."
9. "I once picked up a loose Great Dane named Ben Stiller. Should've kept him."
10. "My ex-girlfriend was a vet nurse. She came across a cat in the system called Horatio Bradshaw Roadwork."
11. "Kitty. Now you may be wondering why that's a bad name. Kitty was an iguana."
12. "My cat is called Hamster 2. I used to have a hamster called Hamster."
13. "I once saw a 'Lost' poster for a cat genuinely named Dread Pirate Bigglesworth."
14. "When we were looking at dogs at the Humane Society, we saw a pitbull named Princess Cameron Diaz."
15. "I took a pic of the cat's crate label that read, 'Smokey (formerly Pasta Batman)'."
16. "I named my first fish Clock because I happened to be looking at a clock when my mom asked what I wanted to name him."
17. "I took in a cat from a family named Lord Whimsalot III. Yes, there were previous Lord Whimsalots."
18. "My old neighbors apparently thought it would be a good idea to let their 3-year-old name their dog. The dog was named Dump Truck."
19. "I was in the vet's waiting room, and there was a puppy with a woman and a child. The puppy was named Dave, and the child was Atari."
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.