As someone on the cusp of the millennial–Gen Z generational divide, I enjoy things that are stereotypically associated with both sides of the fence.
However, some Gen Z'ers are ready to let everything millennial fade away.
A while back, redditor u/Prolificvisions asked the question, "Gen Z, what are some trends, ideologies, social things, etc., that millennials did that you're not going to continue?"
Here are some of the top answers:
1. "Weird-ass eyebrows."
2. "That bad relationship millennials have with boomers."
"We will never have that problem with Gen X."
3. "Impact-font memes and saying 'Only '90s kids remember this' are high on the list."
5. "Hipster food — it's too damn expensive."
6. "I think self-deprecating humor is dying, and I think millennials started that."
"It’s seriously getting old when people say they're depressed as a joke."
7. "Choosing a 'financially stable' job over their dream job, then regretting it."
8. "Cringe culture — it's fucking DEAD."
"As long as it's not hurting themselves or others, let people enjoy things!"
9. "Cable television."
10. "I feel like my older peers seem to have an 'I hate my kids' mentality — putting them in front of tablets/phones and constantly complaining about how much of a struggle it is."
"No one forced you to have children. Complaining about them to your other older friends on Facebook is appalling."
11. "I hate the whole 'I’ve been doing this longer than you' vibe that millennials carry."
12. "The whole craze with 'organic' and 'natural' foods. They are literally the same thing with only slight differences."
"I see them as tricks by advertisers to follow trends."
13. "The man-bun hairstyle."
15. "Drinking IPA beer."
17. "I'm a millennial, but my cousin is Gen Z, and when we hang out, she refuses to watch Star Trek. So based on a sample size of one, Gen Z is going to kill the Star Trek franchise."
18. "Going to university straight out of high school."
"I didn't go to uni. Instead I immediately started working full time, and at the point where kids I went to school with are finishing uni, I'm living comfortably and am considering going to uni now that I have work experience and have a job."
19. And finally: "Trashing on younger generations."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.