In interviews, celebrities occasionally have to dodge rude or invasive questions. Most of the time, they handle it politely, but sometimes, they (rightfully!) give the interviewer a taste of their own medicine.
Here are 16 times celebs were rude to interviewers, but for very good reasons:
Here's the full clip:
2. During a red carpet interview at Elle's Women In Hollywood event, Anne Hathaway told a reporter that she'd talked about The Devil Wears Prada with Anna Wintour. When she declined to reveal exactly what the Vogue editor had shared, the reporter pushed, saying, "I'm a fan and I need to know." Then, doubling down on her refusal to answer, Hathaway replied, "I know, but you weren't there."
When the clip when viral on TikTok, some viewers criticized the actor for being a "mean girl." However, fans were quick to point out that Hathaway, who'd previously been the subject of career-hindering public criticism simply for being "too enthusiastic" at an awards show, had a right to protect her privacy if she didn't want to share.
You can watch the full clip below:
Off-camera, Hendricks said, "I think calling me full-figured is just rude."
Here's the full video, with this part starting at the 0:13 mark:
6. During a 2012 press conference, Rihanna shut down an ITN reporter who asked her about rumors she was dating Ashton Kutcher.
The full video is below, with this part happening at the 0:25 mark:
7. Also in 2012, Rihanna ended an interview with the Australian morning show Sunrise after Natalie Barr pushed to know how she felt about dating rumors.
Here's the full clip, with this part starting at the 2:42 mark:
8. During the 2018 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, Jamie Foxx responded to questions about his rumored relationship with Katie Holmes by silently removing his mic and walking away.
Here's the full video, with this part happening at the 0:28 mark:
9. In a 2011 press conference in Moscow to promote Friends with Benefits, Mila Kunis, who speaks Russian, defended her singer-turned-actor costar Justin Timberlake from a Russian-speaking reporter who asked, "Why is Justin in movies?"
Here's the full clip (with English captions):
10. While promoting Paper Towns on Good Day in 2015, Cara Delevingne had a sarcastic response for the interviewers who asked why she seemed "irritated."
Here's the full interview, with this part starting at the 2:25 mark:
11. In 2010, Mel B walked out of The Howard Stern Show after the host asked about her sexuality and pressured her to come out.
You can watch the full clip below, with this part beginning at the 2:10 mark:
12. On a 2017 episode of Today, Jane Fonda called out Megyn Kelly for asking her why she said she wasn't "proud" to admit she'd gotten cosmetic work in the middle of an interview about her new movie.
After a bit of back and forth, Fonda steered the conversation back on course. She said, "Let me tell you about why I love this movie that we did."