It's not uncommon for actors to date or even marry their costars. However, plenty of actors keep their on-set crushes a secret — until years later when they spill the beans.
Here are 14 actors who revealed their crushes on costars years after filming wrapped:
1. During the Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts special, Emma Watson revealed that she had a secret crush on Tom Felton during the early years of the Harry Potter franchise.
She never told him outright, but he heard about her crush through the grapevine.
2. A year later, Tom Felton revealed in his memoir Beyond the Wand that he felt there was "most definitely" a "spark" between him and Emma, but "only at different times."
He wrote, "Rumours started to abound that there was more to our relationship than we were letting on. I denied that I liked her in that way, but the truth was different. My girlfriend at the time knew straight away that there was something unspoken between us. I remember using the familiar old line, 'I love her like a sister.' But there was more to it than that."
3. On their joint podcast Pod Meets World, Danielle Fishel told her Boy Meets World costar Rider Strong that she'd had a crush on him.
She continued, "I think it started maybe later in Season 1 and definitely through Season 2."
4. On Friends: The Reunion, David Schwimmer revealed that he had a crush on his onscreen love interest Jennifer Aniston.
She also said, "I just remember saying one time to David, 'It's going to be such a bummer if the first time you and I actually kiss is going to be on national television. Sure enough, first time we kissed was in that coffee shop. So, we just channeled all of our love and adoration for each other into Ross and Rachel."
6. On her podcast The Twilight Effect, Ashley Greene revealed that she had "a big old crush" on her Twilight costar Jackson Rathbone during filming.
She said, "He’s supposed to be my lifetime love onscreen and I was like, 'This is gonna be easy.'"
7. On Ellen, Sandra Bullock revealed that she had feelings for Keanu Reeves while filming Speed, but she said they never dated because "there was something about [her] that [she guesses] he didn't like."
She said, "I can't get over how sweet Keanu Reeves was and how handsome he was. It was hard for me to, like, really be serious. He'd look at me, and I'd be like [smiles and giggles]."
8. However, when he visited Ellen, Keanu said he didn't know Sandra liked him but "she obviously didn't know [he] had a crush on her, either."
9. Four years after releasing her song "Lie a Little Better," Lucy Hale finally tweeted to reveal that the lyrics were inspired by her crush on her Pretty Little Liars costar Drew Van Acker.
She told Entertainment Tonight, "For years, people had asked me what that song was about or who it was about and I was like, 'I should just tell them,' and then I was like, 'No, I should just tease people for a little bit. So for years, I didn’t tell anyone. Then finally the other week, it came on my shuffle, and I was l like, 'Yeah, this song is about Drew.'"
10. While playing "Never Have I Ever" on Ellen, Lucy admitted that in Season 1 she also had an "embarrassing" crush on another PLL costar — Ian Harding.
She said, "Whatever, I was 20."
11. In 2016, Hilary Duff told Cosmopolitan that she "definitely had a crush" on Chad Michael Murray while shooting A Cinderella Story.
12. In 2021, Shane West told Vulture that he thinks he and his A Walk to Remember costar Mandy Moore "both had a little bit of a crush."
He continued, "But then we were just there for each other in the most honest and purest of ways."
13. Mandy confirmed his suspicions a few months later. In an Instagram video she shared of herself rewatching A Walk to Remember for its 20th anniversary, she said, "Can you understand why I had the biggest crush ever on Shane West?! Come on!"
She added, "We had a few kissing scenes in the movie and I remember feeling pretty nervous about that, but then we became friends and I wasn't so nervous anymore."
14. And finally, on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, Elizabeth Perkins revealed that she "had such a crush" on her Big costar Tom Hanks, but he "was with Rita Wilson [whom he eventually married] already."
She said, "They were dating but hadn't gotten married yet. So he was completely off limits, but he was adorable."