We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to share the moment they realized their partner was the person they wanted to marry. And it's the stuff from romantic movies, y'all...
1. "When we first started dating, my partner used to give me such a hard time about my makeup habits. He didn’t understand why I wore it and why I enjoyed my makeup time in the morning. One day I came home from work to find him in a full face of makeup, and it looked damn good. He said he’d spent the day watching tutorials and realized why I liked it so much. That was when I knew I was going to marry him."
2. "When I came home after my nephew was born and explained to my girlfriend that I was going to adopt him because my sister was battling a heroine addiction. Without any hesitation she said, 'I’m all in with you.' I loved her well before that, but adopting my nephew with her has been the greatest double gift I could ever imagine."
3. "When he was the first sexual partner I ever had that gave me an orgasm."
4. "I knew I wanted to marry him about a year into our relationship when he supported me after I had to start taking medication for my anxiety. The unconditional support from someone you love is life changing."
5. "The moment I farted and he laughed. I knew he was it."
6. "When I totaled my car on the way to a college class and he left work to come take care of me. We lived an hour apart and he took a write up and a short paycheck even though I told him he didn't have to come."
7. "When we were in our senior year of high school, before I started dating my now-husband, every single day during second period he would give me a single pink Starburst because it's my favorite candy in the entire world. He told me he saw me eat a pack in class one time and that I deserved to smile like that every day. One day I was having a terrible morning and I had borrowed his jacket and forgotten to give it back. When I told him about my bad day, he told me to look in the pocket of his jacket. There was one pink starburst in his pocket and I broke into the biggest smile. When he asked me to marry him I remembered how great he made me feel in that moment."
8. "I knew I wanted to marry him when I could grab a coffee with him and talk for three hours straight without running out of stuff to talk about."
9. "On a Saturday morning, we were dancing around the kitchen singing "Bacon Pancakes" while we cooked bacon pancakes. I knew that I wanted our future kids to wake up on a weekend to us singing and dancing."
10. "I was out at an arcade with my then-boyfriend. It was crowded and loud, with lots of kids running everywhere. He was playing Skeeball when a little girl ran up and picked up a few of the balls. I thought he might get frustrated or angry that the dad wasn’t paying attention to her. Instead, he bent down and started teaching her how to roll the balls up the lane. He was so patient and caring. That day, I saw the man I wanted spend the rest of my life with and who I wanted to be the father of our kids."
11. "This was over ten years ago: We were long distance most of our relationship (New York to Texas). On the flight to see me after several weeks, I started getting emails from him. He had paid $20 for 30 minutes of in-flight internet just so he could continue his conversation with me."
12. "When he took me on a date to Olive Garden and let me have all the croutons!"
13. "It was in the middle of our first big fight. We had been dating long distance for two years. The argument didn’t start off as a big deal, but became bigger because of the way he handled the issue. The angrier I got, the more I felt that I wanted to work through this together. In past relationships, I would’ve called it quits, thinking we weren't compatible. But, I wanted to work hard to make this work with him. Realizing that was a moment I’ll never forget. It was the best decision I’ve ever made."
14. "He took me on a hike and I suddenly got sick. We sat down and he was trying to help me, but I wanted him to keep his distance because I was going to puke. He refused to move and told me, 'If it’ll make you feel better, you can puke all over me.' I didn’t end up puking but I knew I had to keep him at that moment."
15. "His mom was in town and we were on an air mattress in the living room talking and laughing and trying not to wake her. We had only been dating three months, but I knew I wanted to marry him in that moment. We've been married almost a year now!"
16. "We were best friends since middle school. We started dating our sophomore year of college. One day I looked at him and these sparks jolted all over my body – ones I'd never felt before. That’s when I realized I wanted him forever!"
17. "People may say, 'Girl, are you sure about that?' But, the moment I realized I wanted to marry my boyfriend was the day he told me I wasn’t perfect. I was always so used to being in relationships where men would call me 'perfect' all the time. For the first time, my boyfriend was able to admit straight to my face that I’m not – which is 100% true."
18. "He was leaving to join the Air Force after college and I was so devastated at the thought of losing him, I decided to join, too. He knew then if I was willing to leave my comfort zone and take the leap to make a better life for myself, I truly loved him. Four years later, we're stationed together and doing amazing in our careers!"
19. "He found an AMAZING job offer in a senior-level position that would really propel his career forward. But, we would have to move four hours away. Before I could even say 'yes,' he said he would turn it down so I could finish my schooling and start my career. I knew in that moment that he was the man I wanted to marry."
20. "We had been best friends for a couple years and we started working at McDonalds together. That’s when the flirting started. Before he asked me out, I was working the drive-thru window and he was back cooking. He looked up at me and smiled for what felt like an hour (even though it was only a couple seconds). That smile and that deep gaze is when I knew. We’ve been together eight years and married for five of them."
21. "I knew my husband was 'the one' when I broke my elbow in 2011 and he came over every single night to help undress me for bed. At the time, we'd just started dating so I knew he was marriage material when he didn't take advantage of the fact that I was naked in front of him. Then, in 2013, when I broke and sprained my ankle, he took care of me again. He had to make me food, help me bathe and dress, and bring me to doctor appointments – he even walked four miles to the nearest Walmart when I needed tampons and we were completely snowed in!"
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.