9. Since being posted on YouTube last week, the advert has been watched over 2 million times. People from around the world have left comments under the video, thanking the company for the heartwarming clip.
“I think that this advertising is incredibly charming, it doesn’t have any silly or obscene scenes, and yet so many people watched it, it has such good reviews, so cute <3”
11. The video has also been widely shared on social media, with equally positive reactions.
14. A spokesperson for Allegro told BuzzFeed News said they wanted the advert to reflect the lives of the millions of Polish people who have left the country, but have family in Poland.
“For years, we’ve strived to make both Allegro - the largest e-commerce platform in the CEE region - as well as our communication to customers bring joy, touch the heart and cause a mile. Such is this ad: about a grandfather who overcomes obstacles to reunite with his loved ones living abroad. Many Polish people share the same experience. Nearly one million Poles have decided to leave the country in search for a job, mainly heading the United Kingdom. Despite the relatively close distance between the countries, family ties tend to weaken.
Therefore, Christmas for many is a difficult time in which we yearn for more. But the story we are telling is all-purpose and can be easily understood by any other nation or community who can easily link the happy ending of a smile and tears of emotion to their daily human experience.
We also put a fundamental question of what we look for in life, ‘what are you looking for,’ as the slogan of our campaign. In this way, the reality mingles with the feelings of each of us. “
15. You can watch the full advert here.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌