1. During last night’s Oscars ceremony, Chris Rock brought three Asian-American children onstage, introducing them as “PricewaterhouseCoopers accountants.”
2. The joke alluded to the stereotype of Asian people being good at math. Rock followed with a joke about child labor: “If anybody’s upset about that joke just tweet about it on your phone, which was also made by these kids.”
3. Many Twitter users expressed their distaste at Rock’s joke, citing his previous pledge to make this year’s Oscars ceremony about diversity.
8. Others used the joke to point out the continued lack of representation of Asian nominees.
11. There has also been backlash against Sacha Baron Cohen and a joke he made about Asian people.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂