1. Poot Lovato began when Tumblr user cstcrpt uploaded this photo of Demi Lovato.
2. Cstcrpt — who has since deleted their account — wrote in the caption: “Demi’s twin sister. She was locked in a basement her whole life. This picture was taken the first time she went outside. Her name is Poot.”
3. The photo appears to have been taken by a fan at some sort of event or meet-and-greet.
4. Shortly afterwards, a largely dormant Twitter account adopted the handle @OfficialPoot and started tweeting as Lovato’s fictional twin.
16. Twitter solidarity movements have risen up with her, with the hashtags #IStandWithPoot, #FreePoot, and #JusticeForPoot.
23. Vive le Poot.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.