1. Poot Lovato began when Tumblr user cstcrpt uploaded this photo of Demi Lovato.
2. Cstcrpt — who has since deleted their account — wrote in the caption: “Demi’s twin sister. She was locked in a basement her whole life. This picture was taken the first time she went outside. Her name is Poot.”
3. The photo appears to have been taken by a fan at some sort of event or meet-and-greet.
4. Shortly afterwards, a largely dormant Twitter account adopted the handle @OfficialPoot and started tweeting as Lovato’s fictional twin.
16. Twitter solidarity movements have risen up with her, with the hashtags #IStandWithPoot, #FreePoot, and #JusticeForPoot.
23. Vive le Poot.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋