1. Poot Lovato began when Tumblr user cstcrpt uploaded this photo of Demi Lovato.
2. Cstcrpt — who has since deleted their account — wrote in the caption: “Demi’s twin sister. She was locked in a basement her whole life. This picture was taken the first time she went outside. Her name is Poot.”
3. The photo appears to have been taken by a fan at some sort of event or meet-and-greet.
4. Shortly afterwards, a largely dormant Twitter account adopted the handle @OfficialPoot and started tweeting as Lovato’s fictional twin.
16. Twitter solidarity movements have risen up with her, with the hashtags #IStandWithPoot, #FreePoot, and #JusticeForPoot.
23. Vive le Poot.
- Republicans have presented a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling a signature Trump campaign promise.
- President Trump has signed an executive order asking for a review all national monument designations since 1996, calling them into question.
- Venezuelans are turning to crowdfunding platforms to raise enough money so they can leave the country amid political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲