1. Four Brazilian stray dogs were given a new lease on life when they were trained to be “ball dogs” for the Brazil Open.
2. The dogs, rescued from shelters in São Paolo, were trained up to take part in an exhibition tennis match on Thursday between Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena and Portugal’s Gastao Elias.
3. The four dogs, Frida, Mel, Isabelle, and Costela, served as an example that stray dogs could be trained when given love and attention.
5. The dogs even made a special appearance during the final games on Sunday.
6. The ball girls and boys didn’t seem to mind their new competition.
7. You can watch a video of the ball dogs’ adorable on-court antics below.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.