1. Four Brazilian stray dogs were given a new lease on life when they were trained to be “ball dogs” for the Brazil Open.
2. The dogs, rescued from shelters in São Paolo, were trained up to take part in an exhibition tennis match on Thursday between Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena and Portugal’s Gastao Elias.
3. The four dogs, Frida, Mel, Isabelle, and Costela, served as an example that stray dogs could be trained when given love and attention.
5. The dogs even made a special appearance during the final games on Sunday.
6. The ball girls and boys didn’t seem to mind their new competition.
7. You can watch a video of the ball dogs’ adorable on-court antics below.
- It's inauguration day: Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States around 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌