2. Don’t let your phone and earbuds out of your sight.
Put ‘em in a cute little carrying case and keep them by your side at all times. You never know when someone is going to start a trip down memory lane, and those can only go one of two ways: crying or yelling.
5. Write about your feelings…or something.
Sure, you moved out five years ago, but that doesn’t mean your mom’s questions about where you’re going, who’s going to be there, and what time you’ll be home have stopped. Don’t want to start a fight? Write it down. Better yet, write it down in a beautiful journal you stitched yourself. See, better already!
7. Hang out with the kids.
Your little cousins don’t know the difference between a medical degree and an English major. Get their attention (and adoration) by bribing them with a pouch of candy stashed in your pocket, and then happily laugh to yourself when you watch their parents try to put them to bed later.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.