1. The Problem: A Massive Decline in Public Library Usage
2. The Proposal: ELECTRONIC UNDERGROUND LIBRARY!!!
To combat the decline, a trio of Miami Ad School students - Max Pilwat, Keri Tan and Ferdi Rodriguez - proposed a plan that would allow people to access ebooks on the subway.
3. Step 1: Find this poster on your local train.
4. Step 2: Swipe to access the catalogue.
Using near field communications (NFC) technology, commuters would have access to a list of current best sellers.
5. Step 3: Pick your poison.
And enjoy the first incredibly addictive ten pages.
6. Step 4: Find the book at local New York Public Library to keep reading for free.
When once again above ground, users would get a reminder with nearby library locations.
7. It’s just a student project for now, but hopefully it won’t stay that way.
8. Basically: NYPL MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
- Donald Trump's likely pick for labor secretary is a high-profile critic of the push to raise the federal minimum wage.
- Black Lives Matter — the protest movement born out of a desire to stem police brutality — has taken root across the globe.
- The LAPD says it won't work with the feds on deportations, but it already does.
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀