Illustrated here is the difference between the percentage of households that own dogs and the percentage that own cats. Orange colors indicate a higher percentage of dog owners while blue colors indicate a higher percentage of cat owners.
Note that Alaska and Hawaii were not included in the AVMA’s survey.
These states have the largest positive difference between dog ownership percentage and cat ownership percentage.
6. Top Cat-Loving-Dog-Haters
These states have the largest negative difference between dog ownership percentage and cat ownership percentage.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.