1. Joan Morgan and Dr. Yaba Blay took to Twitter to convince MAC to sign Lupita Nyong’o as a spokesmodel
Dr. Yaba Blay (left), founder of Pretty Period, and Joan Morgan (right) created the hashtag #LupitaForMAC earlier this month. What began as a tweet between friends transformed into a rallying call and full-on social media campaign! Never underestimate the power of the Twitterverse!
The award-winning actress is celebrated for her public image that expands notions of beauty. She has become a style icon admired for her bold sartorial and makeup choices.
5. Get ALL THE WAY into the abundance of Black feminist brilliance and beauty that was served on Twitter and Facebook!
7. 2) Dr. Kaila Story
Dr. Kaila Story, professor at the University of Louisville, sports #TalkThatTalk from the RiRi Hearts MAC Collection in her #LupitaForMAC selfie.
9. 4) Dr. Treva B. Lindsey
Dr. Treva Lindsey, the original #DivaFeminist, is giving you your entire lyfe in a flawless red lip.
And last year rapper ASAP Rocky had the NERVE to proclaim that dark-skinned women shouldn’t wear red lipstick. #ByeFelicia!
12. HOLD UP! The #FeministFierceness ain’t over yet!
14. 7) Syreeta Gates
Culture creator Syreeta Gates #StraightMACing!
15. 8) Elayne Fluker
Founder of ChicRebellion.tv Elayne Fluker in a hot pink lip!
16. 9) Me #StraightMACing
Of course I had to join the party and serve the children wearing MAC Hautecore Black.
17. Badgal RiRi, Azealia Banks, and Nicki Minaj have all had successful collections with MAC
The coveted RiRi Woo sold out in just THREE HOURS!! With the overwhelming response from today’s social media campaign it seems like a Lupita Nyong’o MAC collection would be a hit!
18. Do you wanna see a Lupita Nyong’o and MAC collab?!
Tweet a selfie wearing a bold lip to @MACcosmetics, @fiyawata, @milfinainteasy, and @estherarmah using #LupitaForMAC #StraightMACing and #WeBeMACing!
19. MAC has responded to the campaign! They’re watching, so show em how GOOD you look in your lip!
20. AND huge shout-outs to the ladies who orchestrated this FAB moment in social media and created space to affirm all kinds of black femme beauty! WERRRK!!!
- "Cancel order!" Trump tweets threat to end Boeing's Air Force One contract, citing high price tag.
- Former Sen. Bob Dole's law firm was paid $20,000 a month to lobby for Taiwan — and played a role in Trump's call with the president.
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- It's finally here: You can now like comments on Instagram, and people are really excited about it 😍📷