2. THERE IS THIS THING CALLED WATER BETWEEN US
3. New Zealand is (mostly) GREEN. Australia is (mostly) RED.
4. "Throw another shrimp on the barbie" IS AN AUSTRALIAN SAYING. NOT NEW ZEALAND.
5. AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND HAVE SIBLING RIVALRY. BECAUSE WE'RE TWO DIFFERENT NATIONS!
6. NEW ZEALAND = Lord of the Rings
7. AUSTRALIA = Australia
8. NEW ZEALAND HAS SHEEP
9. AUSTRALIA HAS SNAKES EATING CROCODILES
10. LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT CUTE LIL' KOALAS!
11. NEW ZEALAND WAS THE FIRST NATION TO GIVE WOMEN THE VOTE.
12. AUSTRALIA WAS THE FIRST NATION TO BAN BRANDING ON CIGARETTES.
13. NEW ZEALAND HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR FITTING 3 PEOPLE IN A BOX!
14. AUSTRALIA HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR THE WIDEST TONGUE!
So there you go. New Zealand and Australia are quite evidently two separate land masses which do not deserve to be mistaken for each other. So the next time you hear someone with a funny "Down Under" accent, don't just assume that they are Australian. And the next time you hear someone say that they are from New Zealand, don't ask what part of Australia that is.