21 Problems Only Hurdlers Will Understand
Fact: You always have to pee when you get in your starting blocks.
1. Your knees always look like this.
2. And your ankles look like this.
THANKS, trail leg.
3. You feel like you have to pee right when you get into your starting blocks.
Is the official waiting to fire the starting gun because he likes to TORTURE me?!
4. You shed a single tear when your coach tells you to unstack these.
OK, who put these away? -__-
5. Shin splints are an old, unwelcome friend.
6. Half of your practice time consists of these drills.
Step over the hurdle. Now step over it again. Good.
7. You physically feel a difference in your hip flexibility when you're out of season.
Forget hitting the weight room, I need a yoga class.
8. When you see high hurdles in front of you, you feel like Frodo looking at Mordor.
Are you sure there are only 10? Because it looks like 40.
9. NOTHING is worse than when the person in the lane next to you screws up and throws you off.
Can you get your FLAILING arms out of my lane please?!?!
10. You get annoyed when your teammates help set up like this.
I AM CARRYING FOUR HURDLES. GET IT TOGETHER, TIM.
11. This is what your feet look like during track season.
The majority of your summer will be spent trying to get rid of the tan lines your spikes left.
12. There is nothing worse than trying to 3-step and having this happen.
13. Your teammates know not to talk to you if you missed your PR by .02 seconds.
I just hate everything right now, OK?
14. When your family comes to support you, they take pictures that turn out like this.
Nothing is worse than my hurdling face. NOTHING.
15. Intermediate hurdles are the bane of your existence.
SO I'll just sprint a long distance and then try and JUMP OVER SOMETHING. Great.
16. You're way too familiar with the ice bath.
C'mon, the trainers are my pals at this point.
17. If it's raining, that won't stop you from having practice.
"OK gang, don't worry, practice isn't canceled. We're just going to do leg kick drills on the second floor of the Administration building."
18. You get stressed out when your normal person isn't around to stand on the back of your blocks.
I DON'T CARE IF AMY IS STILL POLE VAULTING, I NEED HER.
19. You secretly hate people who have perfected their trail leg.
20. When someone else has a false start it totally throws you off.
THAT WAS GONNA BE MY PR. I FELT IT.