This is Helen Fisher, the chief science adviser for Match.com and an anthropologist who specializes in ~love~.
1. Myth: If you initially don’t find someone attractive, you will never fall in love with them.
2. Myth: Partners are curious about your ex early on.
3. Myth: Singles rarely think long term on a first date.
4. Myth: Romantic love is always triggered by physical attraction first.
5. Myth: Love at first sight only exists in the movies.
6. Myth: Intense, passionate, romantic love lasts no more than a few months.
7. Myth: To singles, getting married shows that you really love someone.
8. Myth: Single men want more nights out with friends than women do.
9. Myth: Men like being single.
10. Myth: Men are turned off by a successful woman.
11. Myth: Men are uncomfortable when a woman asks them out.
12. Myth: Men feel that proposing marriage is always the man’s job.
13. Myth: Men don’t put in much prep time before a date.
14. Myth: Men don’t want to date smarter women.
15. Myth: Women want to move in together with a new partner sooner than men do.
16. Myth: Singles without children avoid dating single parents with children.
BuzzFeed Video Staff
Contact Kirsten King at email@example.com.
Science Writer, Fossil Beastmaster
Contact Alex Kasprak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.