1. When your BFF tries to describe a person who's black without using the word black.
2. When they talk about their family coming through Ellis Island and ask if yours did the same.
3. When they can't stop bragging about that one black guy they hooked up with.
4. When they ask why you have so much lotion in your bathroom.
5. When they don't understand how your hair goes from short to long in one day.
6. When they ask why you have mac and cheese at Thanksgiving.
7. When they say they've had cornrows too .... from that time they went on a cruise to Mexico in 7th grade.
8. When they tell you they want to set you up with their friend and you realize it's the only other black person they know.
"You'd really like him! He's tall... dark... handsome."
9. When they suggest you do Pinterest hair tutorials together.
Yeah... that's not gonna work.