21 Subscriptions For Travelers Who’ve Been Stuck At Home All Year
Wanderlust, be gone.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Try The World box which features gourmet food items from a specific country. Think drinks, snacks, and special ingredients you could use to make a home-cooked meal worthy of an international vacation.
2. A bookish box from The Wordy Traveler. They'll receive books and other items from a different country every quarter, so they get ~explore~ a good book instead of lamenting over their canceled trips.
3. A subscription to Atlas Coffee Club for the traveler who beats jet lag by always staying caffeinated. It'll let them sample coffee from different countries (curated based on their preferences) and teach them how to brew the perfect cup.
4. A quarterly box of camping supplies from The Camp Life — the camper (or glamper) who would rather be sitting under the stars than on their couch. Because who doesn't need an extra set of utensils or a pair of warm yet cute socks?
5. A fun-filled box from Little Passports that lets your littlest traveler friends explore a new country or US state every month through souvenirs, hands-on activities, maps, and access to extra online content so they can learn and enjoy.
6. A Universal Yums package featuring snacks from a different country each month — like pineapple candy from Thailand or hazelnut truffles from Belgium — so they can eat their way around the world without ever leaving their couch (or sweatpants).
7. The happiest subscription box on Earth from Lux Illume that lets even the biggest Disney-lover get their mouse on with items like theme park–inspired candles, merch, and more — all delivered to their doorstep.
8. A subscription to Rosetta Stone, so they can prepare for their next big international trip by becoming fluent in the local language (or at least learning how to ask where the bathroom is).
9. A Heat Hot Sauce of the month subscription that will keep their tongue tingling with flavors from around the world, like taco-style Oaxacan hot sauce or Akabanga Rwandan chile oil.
10. A monthly boozy box from Wine Awesomeness featuring wines (obviously!) from around the world that will impress even your most well-traveled — and bougiest — friends. Cheers!
11. A subscription to Goldbelly, which delivers food from famous restaurants across the USA, for your friend who always travels with their stomach.
12. A curated box from The Nomadik for the traveler who prefers Patagonia over Paris. Every month, they'll get a seasonally inspired box filled with essential outdoor gadgets and gear for every kind of trip.
13. A subscription to Japan Crate, which sends an array of tasty Japanese snacks, drinks, and candy for anyone who has Japan on their bucket list.
14. A ~spicy~ subscription box from Spice Madam that will take their kitchen — and taste buds — on a trip around the world with curated spices, recipes, playlists, and fun facts from a different destination each month.
15. A monthly Globe In box featuring handmade, ethically sourced lifestyle and home goods from artisans around the world. They can either curate their box or opt for a mystery box of souvenirs brought right to their door.
16. A family-friendly subscription from Up and Away Adventures that helps kids and adults alike explore the world. Each box includes country-specific activities and items that use all five senses to make them feel as if they're really abroad.
17. A Bibliophilic Excursions monthly subscription that sends books, artisan items, and snacks to create an experience comparable to traveling. Each month focuses on a different country, so it's perfect for that person who loves exploring the world and a good book.
18. A flight-attendant curated Flygirl Box that's expertly packed with travel-friendly essentials — like toiletries, snacks, and suitcase organizers — for the person who is usually always on the go.
19. A Tea Runners subscription of teas from across the globe for that traveler who prefers leaves over beans. Each month's box can be customized depending on their tastes!
20. A subscription to Beauteque Monthly that will deliver the latest in Korean beauty and skincare products — perfect for the traveler whose toiletries take up a whole second suitcase.
21. Finally, an Indie States of America subscription for the foodie who has always wanted to eat their way through every state.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.