2. Canada- Maple BBQ Caesar
Because you can’t drink poutine, but you can wash it down with this glorious concoction. Canada’s unofficial drink of choice, the Caesar, is a combination of vodka, clam juice, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. This version ups the game with bacon, maple syrup, and barbecue sauce. HAIL CAESAR.
3. Mexico- Margarita
MARGS OBVI. Seriously though, margaritas on the beach is the reason you’re going south of the border in the first place. And this can go one of two ways. 1. Relaxing, all-inclusive resort with spa treatments and turn down service, or 2. Spring break in Cancun with nights at Señor Frogs. The beautiful thing is that either way, you’re having margs.
8. Argentina- Fernet Cola
Fernet is a highly popular, highly alcoholic spirit that the people of Argentina adore. It’s mixed into everything, but cola is the most popular choice. Drink this on the beach, on the ranch, after a game of fútbol, just don’t cry for me after you have too many.
16. United Kingdom- Gin and Tonic
Arguments could be made for the Pimm’s Cup to be the UK’s entry here, but for my pound sterling, there’s nothing more British than a good G+T. Add a wedge of your favourite citrus, and enjoy royally, but too many will have you spinning like the London Eye.
18. Sweden- Wolf’s Paw Cocktail
The Wolf’s Paw is an amazing drink served up at the Icebar in Stockholm. This particular drink includes the very Swedish taste of lingonberries and is served in glasses carved out of ice, so that’s something you’ll inevitably post to Instagram.
19. Germany- Radler
One of Germany’s beloved Biermischgetränke, or beer mixed drinks. The Radler is similar to American shandies, half beer and half carbonated lemonade or Sprite. What’s important to keep in mind here is that Radler means “cyclist” in Bavarian German, meaning this is basically as close as the Germans get to Gatorade.
26. India- Mango Lassi Cocktail
Ohhh if mango lassi isn’t your jam yet, listen up. Fresh pureed mango and yogurt with a little bit of sugar. Then top it off with some florals or pistachios and it’s like the best mango smoothie of your life. No one will look if you add a shot or two of whatever you like best.
29. South Korea- Yogurt Soju Cocktail
SOJU BOY TELL ‘EM. Tell ‘em about this liquor, which is the most popular alcohol in the world. The latest craze is to mix soju with yogurt, which sounds crazy to me. The world also seems to have jumped on board with k-pop, though, so anything’s possible.
32. Polynesia- Mai Tai
Stumbling to the last destination on our list, if you’ve made it this far, your efforts will be rewarded. The mai tai. The golden nectar of the gods. Drink umbrellas have never looked so good. Sit under an umbrella yourself and put your feet up. You’ve come a long way. Drink safe and happy travels!
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.