1. Attributed to Ernest Hemingway.
7. “Fleeing Complexity” by Jon McGregor from This Isn’t The Sort Of Thing That Happens To Someone Like You.
13. “Panacea With Marinara Sauce” by B. Mistoda from One Sentence Stories: Tales for the Short Attention Span.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.