13 Glorious Places You Simply Must Visit In Kent
Well, it's not called the Garden of England for nothing.
1. If the sea is calling you, head to Whitstable.
2. If picturesque is your thing, head to Chilham, Chartham and Wye.
3. If you're a history lover, get lost in the delights of Hever, Chartwell and Chiddingstone.
4. If you want to feel your toes on the sand, Broadstairs is a must.
5. If you like to wander slowly taking it all in, Deal, Dover and Sandwich is for you.
What to do: Walk around the White Cliffs on a nice day, then head to Dover Castle for the day. Sandwich is a short drive away and is perfect for looking in antique shops, having a stroll and unwinding in a cute pub. Or unwind in nearby Kearsney Abbey and take a picnic.
6. Like a bit of everything? Head to Tunbridge Wells.
7. If you enjoy castles, then Leeds Castle has to be high on your list.
Where to stay: The Black Horse Inn in Maidstone is a very pleasant stay.
What to do: Literally spend hours marvelling at the splendour of Leeds Castle. If you're lucky come for a fireworks night at the venue or enjoy open air theatre throughout the summer months. Then enjoy a night out in nearby Maidstone.
8. If atmosphere and good ale is your bag, try Faversham.
9. If you like to tick the sights off your list, Canterbury is all yours to explore.
10. If you like a drive then head to the Canterbury surrounding areas - Stodmarsh/Ickham/Wickhambreaux/Preston/Ash.
11. If you're an animal lover, you've got Lyminge, Elham and Port Lympne.
12. If you like visiting the sites, Sissinghurst and Paddock Wood is a good combo.
13. If you like to see up and coming places, revisit Margate's Old Town.
And if that's not enough for you, try these:
- Historical Chatham.
- Knole in Sevenoaks for some deer spotting.
- Ramsgate harbour.
- Wingham for the wild life park.
- Rochester and its castle.
- St Margaret's Bay - where you can see France on a clear day and walk across the cliffs to Dover.