Nigella Lawson has given her first TV interview since she appeared in court last month.
She was summoned as a witness in the trial of her former PAs, during which she admitted she had taken cocaine.
1. But on Thursday she opened up about the ordeal on Good Morning America and revealed it was completely “mortifying” having to discuss her private life publicly.
To have not only your private life, but distortions of your private life on display is mortifying.
2. But does she want pity? Most definitely not.
3. Nigella, who was on GMA to promote her new cookery show The Taste, also revealed all she wanted to do was protect her children.
My only desire really was to protect my children as much as possible which… alas I couldn’t always do.
4. And her experience as a witness in court is something of a blur.
I can’t really remember exactly because you’re so focused on answering the questions to the best of your ability that actually you don’t have enormous awareness of yourself … maybe that’s a good thing.
5. Although following her experience she’d like to see some changes in the UK legal system for witnesses.
Nigella was appearing on the US breakfast show to promote The Taste with her fellow judges Anthony Bourdain, Ludo Lefebvre and Marcus Samuelsson.