These 4-Ingredient Berries & Cream Hand Pies Are Absolute Perfection
TBH, I just want to pack these in a basket and take them on a picnic.
4-Ingredient Berries & Cream Hand Pies
Watch the recipe video here:
⅓ cup berry jam
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 pie crusts
1 tablespoon water, plus extra for crimping
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the pie crust on a cutting board, and cut out circle shapes using the top of a coffee cup. Collect scrap pieces, and roll out again to stamp out more shapes, making 12-14 circles total.
3. Fill half the circles with a tablespoon of the cream cheese, followed by a heaping teaspoon of jam.
4. Using your finger, lightly wet the edges of the cut rounds with water.
5. Cover the tops with the remaining circles, pressing the two dough halves together. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
6. In a bowl, beat the egg with water. Brush the tops of the pies with the egg wash.
7. Use a small, sharp knife to cut a ventilation hole, or slit into the top of the pies.
8. Arrange the pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!