Summer Salmon Dinner For Two
Watch the recipe video here:
Avocado And Tomato Salad
1 avocado, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
A quarter of a medium, red onion, thinly sliced
Juice of a half a lime
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1.Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently stir to combine.
2. Cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pineapple Sweet Chili Salmon
1 whole pineapple
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons chile flakes
2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 salmon fillets
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut pineapple in half lengthwise, cutting from root through the leaves.
3. Hollow out the pineapple by slicing around the perimeter, leaving a ½” border. 4. Slice the pineapple inside the cut border, and scoop out with a spoon. Repeat with the other half and set aside, as this will be the serving bowl for the salmon.
5. Add 2 cups of pineapple and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Pour pineapple purée into a saucepan set over medium heat.
7. Add sugar, chile flakes, salt, and garlic to the pan and bring to a simmer. Stir frequently until sauce has become lighter in color and slightly thickened.
8. In a separate small bowl, combine cornstarch with water to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the sauce, cooking until sauce has thickened, about 4-7 minutes. 8. Remove the pan from the heat.
. Place the salmon on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cover each fillet with the sauce
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on your desired doneness.
11. Serve in the pineapple bowls over rice with extra pineapple sweet chile sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Inspired by the recipe here
Tropical Rum Punch
1 cup pineapple, chopped
½ cup frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup coconut rum
2 cups ice
1.Using a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Serve immediately. Enjoy!