1. 1. You can never have enough empty toilet paper rolls.
Seriously, kids can think of a million uses for these, and a good supply can probably get you fifteen to twenty minutes of peace and quiet. Your bathroom looks slightly less classy when you put them on the counter rather than throwing them out, but it’s probably already full of kid stuff anyway.
4. 4. Better get some colored pencils and markers, too…
Once they know there’s a world beyond crayons, you can never go back.
9. 9. Your house is full of mutant scissors like these…
…because you’re on a permanent quest to find a pair that your kid can use alone, but that actually cuts something.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.