8. Watch the whole video:
9. H/T Elizabeth Plank at PolicyMic, who has this to say about the video:
Patriarchal notions of manhood don’t just harm women, they hurt men. Toxic definitions of masculinity lead to well-documented problems like high rates of gun violence, suicide and sexual violence. That’s why organizations like the Representation Project are committed to advancing the discussion about how gender limits the freedoms of both women and men. They recognize that society’s gender ideals aren’t only damaging for women; they’re universally harmful.
Their latest video examines how stereotypes constrain all people from the moment they are born.
10. Or as one of the commenters put it:
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.